NFPA 1991 Certified Apparel For Chemical Flash-Fire Protection.
Certified to NFPA 1991, Frontline® 500 offers proven three-way protection – broad chemical holdout, plus flame resistance and radiant heat protection for the additional hazards encountered in a chemical flash-fire. NFPA certification includes base plus Optional Flash Fire and Liquified Gas requirements. Kappler’s single-suit replaces the need for a cumbersome two-suit NFPA 1991 configuration. Like many Kappler garments, this is a ‘multi-use, single exposure’ suit. Frontline 500 provides excellent holdout for the ASTM F1001 battery and many additional chemicals.
To ensure optimal radiant heat protection, Kappler’s focus on user survivability included Pyroman Thermal Manikin testing in addition to the NFPA 1991 Chemical Flash Fire Option. Pyroman results for Frontline 500 indicated 0% body burn – a huge confidence factor when facing a chemical flash situation.
Frontline 500 Details
- Single suit provides proven three-way protection – chemical, flash-fire and radiant heat protection.
- Excellent “survivability” performance – 0% body burn in Pyroman Thermal Manikin testing.
- NFPA-certified ‘multi-use, single-exposure’ garment provides economical alternative to expensive FR reusables.
- AntiFog Expanded-View Visor System enhances responder safety.
- New patent-pending AntiFog Expanded-View Visor System.
- Removable knitted Kevlar overglove, plus field-replaceable 2N1® Glove System which eliminates inner glove inversion.
- Highly flexible 48” gas-tight AquaSeal® zipper facilitates easier donning and doffing.
- Typical Applications: Hazmat response and chemical handling with potential for chemical flash-fire.